Obviously, I’m not talking about basic necessities. like food, air, water… I’m going to list out the top 5 things I need, which I can’t live without. And this is in no particular order. So, here goes:
1. Books – Of course, this is and will always be the first in my list. I cannot live without books. Anyone who knows me will agree with it. I don’t think I can be ME without books, without reading. I owe a lot to the books I have read, for moulding me into what I’m today. Being the absolute bookworm I am, I guess it’s only natural that books have been given the first place. I seriously can’t think of life without them!
2. Chocolates – I have always thought about writing a post on chocolates but never got around to doing it. So, now, I confess my undying love for chocolates. Whether I’m happy or sad, chocolates are one of the most basic things I crave for. I can’t explain the pure bliss I feel when I have one of those rich, brown wonderful chunks… I’d say they contain a piece of heaven! Such is the joy I get from them. Especially when I’m disturbed or depressed, they sooth my mind and calm me down magically. Chocolates mean incomparable joy to me!
3. Music – Music has been a significant part of my life, right from childhood. Back when I was in school, the moment I stepped into my room, I used to have music playing. I woke up listening to my favourite songs, went to sleep listening to them, and did pretty much everything (even homework and studying) with music in the background. Apart from chocolates, music is one awesome source of happiness for me. When I’m happy, I listen to all those peppy, fun songs that can make me feel good, help me celebrate the happiness. And music is equally powerful when it comes to pulling me up from the depths of sorrow. It can seriously work wonders for me. Life would be entirely unimaginable without music!
4. Family & Friends – This can be broadly labeled ‘people whom I love’. I don’t know what I would do or how I could possibly live without my family and friends. It’s true that there may be many others who played a role in my life. But ask me who I can’t live without and I’ll definitely name my family (dad, mom and sisters) and my best friends. What would the world be without them? I don’t think I want to know! 🙂 While reading P.S I Love You by Cecelia Ahern, I was intensely reminded of all of them. Just like Holly, the main character, I felt my family and friends are what strengthen me and support me through life. Love them a crazy LOT!
5. Love & Happiness – I wanted to include Internet (since it’s an awesome miracle that helps me stay in touch with those who matter and, of course, it lets me blog!) but this was far more important. And since I get to name only 5, I had to include happiness. It was too prominent to be ignored. So, I can’t live without love & happiness. How can anyone, for that matter? How do you live without being loved, without loving? Personally, I can’t exist (in the true sense) without feeling needed and loved. And, of course, I need to love, in order to feel alive. It is the most powerful emotion, a force that runs my life (and so many others’ too, I’m sure). I definitely CANNOT live without it.
Happiness is something that drives you on in life. All of us keep searching for it, in some way or the other. A good friend of mine always says that happiness comes from within; you need to find it by yourself, in yourself. Like thousands of other people, even I’m driven by happiness. Finding happiness is something like the ultimate destination all of us want to reach. It’s something I really cannot ignore…something I wouldn’t want to live without.If it weren’t for happiness, life would be a lot more meaningless than it already is, I think. 😀
So, there! Those were 5 things I can’t live without! This is a question I love asking others. I have heard answers as distinct as ‘my lifestyle’ and those as typical as ‘my phone’. As I was nearing the end of the list, I remembered some other possibilities, too (one of them being coffee – something I truly can’t live without). But none of them could outshine the above 5 in significance.So, what are the 5 things you can’t live without?