One of my blog-friends – Tom Baker from Morningerection
– has been doing a Meme for the past couple of years. And guess what? I’m part of it this year! Basically, what it means is some 20 questions are collected and bloggers participating in the meme are supposed to answer them in a blog post. These are the questions and my answers for the meme of July 2012.
Meme July 2012
1. When you were a child what was the hardest or scariest thing in the world (i.e. movie, book, chore, etc.) to you that as an adult is neither hard nor scary?
Ans. As a child, I was scared of the dark and the scariest thing was when I had to go into a dark room or pass through a dark corridor! I guess all of us might have experienced this at some point or the other. Thankfully, I have grown out of that fear.
2. If you were offered the chance to be a cooking star on a Food Network show, which of these three would you choose for a mentor: Bobby Flay, Giada de Laurentis or Alton Brown?
Ans. I don’t know any of them. But even with a mentor, I don’t think I’d exactly shine as a ‘cooking’ star (I’m so not into cooking!).
3. What is your favorite theme offered by your blogging platform that you are not using and what theme do you absolutely hate? Provide links to both along with your explanation.
Ans. From the few themes I’ve checked out, I loved Beach and Fruit-shake, because they are such bright themes, with lot of colours! Why I don’t use it…well, I guess I’m really comfortable with the current theme I’ve chosen. I just don’t feel like changing it. 🙂
I don’t hate any themes. But my least favourites would be Piano Black and Monochrome. They both seem too dark and dull. I’ve felt that they kinda take the fun out of reading. I did use Monochrome initially but found it too dull for my taste.
4. Who is someone from your past that you are sorry you lost track of?
Ans. There are a lot of people whom I lost track of (by the way, I’ve regained contact with some through FB), but nobody special enough to feel sorry about. But there’s this favourite teacher of mine – Sangeetha ma’am – who left school, and now, I have no idea where she is. And I feel sad about having lost track of her. She’s the only one I can remember right now.
5. What would you take to a deserted island?
Ans. My diary and pen, if I get to take only one thing. If I can take more, then..well, there will definitely be lots more. 🙂
6. If you could get into the mind of anyone (living or dead) and read all their thoughts, whose mind would you choose to raid?
Ans. There are a lot of people whose minds I would have loved to peek into. But, for now, I’d like to go for Hitler. I find him fascinating in a very odd way and would like to get into his mind, read his thoughts and kinda…know him.
7. What are the entire contents of the top drawer of the table directly next to your side of the bed?
Ans. Lots of books and some magazines.
8. What is the one thing you have in your dorm, apartment, or house that you never want your parents to find.
Ans. I have a bag which has all my previous diaries. I’d never want my parents to find it!!!!
9. Your daughter is having a sleepover for her 12th birthday. Around 8:00 pm a thunderstorm knocks out power. How do you entertain twelve pre-teen girls when all the cell-phone batteries have died?
Ans. I would join in with the fun and go all crazy with them (I’m sure I’ll be really young & stupid at heart even when I’m a parent!)… We could sing out crazy songs at the top of our voices, have a game of ‘Truth or Dare’ (it’s always fun, especially in the dark!!), maybe tell some scary stories (if the girls are up for it!)…lot of options!
10. What aspect/trait about your personality are you most sensitive about (as in, you wouldn’t stand anyone criticizing about this one aspect)?
Ans. I hate people commenting on how I need to eat more, get healthier! I love the way I’m. Basically, I hate it when people make fun of anything related to my appearance. I suppose that’s natural. Also, I love healthy comments but I cannot stand anyone making fun or unnecessarily criticizing my writing (blog included).
11. Mr. Tom Baker has had two previous virtual nude dinner parties. He is now inviting you, his blogger friends to his home for a real nude dinner party. This is not a virtual dinner party; it is the real thing with all expenses paid and the usual five course dinner prepared by him. Will you or will you not be present at said nude party?
Ans. Sorry, Tom. But I don’t think I’ll be able to make it.
12. What one piece of movie memorabilia from which movie would you love to own?
Ans. Harry Potter’s Invisibility Cloak 🙂 Always wanted it, ever since I read about it and saw it in the movie!
13. If literary characters were real and you could interview any one of them, who would it be and what’s the first question you would ask?
Ans. There are a lot of characters I would love to talk to (interview sounds too serious!). First one to come to my mind right now (because I was talking about this last day) is Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock Holmes’ brother. And the first question I’d ask him – “Are you single?” Because I truly love Mycroft; he’s one literary character I’d love to date! 😉 And yes, Robert Langdon, too!
14. If you had to choose a theme song for yourself from only the Classical genre, which song would it be?
Ans. I’m not familiar with songs in the Classical genre. So, I don’t think I can answer this question. But, if I could choose any song, the first song to come to mind is ‘Soulmate’ by Natasha Beddingfield. Whenever I hear that song, I think it’s so ME, so much like what I have in my head.
15. What is your most quirky habit?
Ans. I’ve a few quirky habits. My favourite one is – I’m addicted to the question/word “Why”. I cannot stay for long without asking ‘Why’ even if the situation/context is stupid.
16. When was the last time you took the time to act like a child and what did you do?
Ans. I think I (almost) always act like a child. I always blurt out nonsense like kids, end up doing a lot of crazy stuff, love getting into silly troubles, ask silly questions…
17. If there was ever a past relationship, (friend or otherwise), that you could go back and mend, would you? Who would it be with, and why?
Ans. Yes. There was this guy who was one of my closest friends in college. But we grew apart because of certain issues. By the time we tried to talk, it was too late; our worlds had grown too far apart. So, if I could go back and mend a relationship, I would mend our friendship. Because I miss it a lot!
18. What would you do if all of your followers left comments daily and would be it be too much for you to handle? Would you hire someone to answer comments for you?
Ans. I’d only be happy if my followers started doing that. It would never be too much for me to handle. And hire someone to answer comments? Hell, NO!
19. Do you know how far back your ancestry goes on either side of your family tree? How far?
Ans. Uhh…this is embarrassing, but I’m afraid I know only until my grandparents, on either side! Nothing beyond it. I’ve heard my dad talk about his grandparents, does that count?
20. If you could compare yourself to anything in the universe, what would you compare yourself to? Why?
Ans. I’d choose to compare myself to the Phoenix. Like the mythical bird that ignites itself at the end of its life span and then is reborn from its ashes, I’m a person who is constantly reborn from my own depression and suffering. Everytime I encounter sorrow, I try to derive strength from that pain and come back to life. 🙂